Thursday, July 3, 2008

Erin Arrives

My good friend Erin arrived on Tuesday evening. She is a good friend from college and was my roommate/housemate for four years. She has been living in Germany for the past two years working as a school counselor at a military/international school. I was able to see her right before she left for Germany but haven't had a chance to meet up with her since then. I hope to be able to go visit her someday while she is still working in Germany. We literally "lucked" out on Tuesday because an Irish band was playing on the lawn at Edgefield. I guess they have Irish Tuesdays all through the summer. So, to commemorate my irish friend's arrival to Portland we got to do a little Irish dancing. Meadow was definitely the star of the show and made a few new girlfriends. I love getting compliments from four year olds on how cute my baby is. She actually just starting clapping her hands that evening too. She really enjoyed herself. We have a lot of fun things planned for Erin's visit, including a rafting trip down the Clackamas. It should be an action packed week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great visit!!

Jerri said...

yay! so glad you posted about erin. that's awesome! and meadow looks so cute in erin's arms. have a blast! HI ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!