Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Maryland Visit

Todd, Meadow and I went on a trip to Maryland this past weekend. It was a little unexpected because my parents were going to come out here and stay for a week. But, my grandma had an unexpected setback which put her in the hospital for a few days. So, the family thought it would be better for my mom and dad to drive down to Maryland to be there with her when she got out of the hospital. (My grandma's arthritis and knee had been giving her some problems, which is making it harder for her to get around. She is slowly doing better and thankfully my Mom can stay with her for awhile.)

After making some plans my brother and his fiance decided to drive down. So, I thought it would mean a lot to my grandma if we made the trip as well. We had a couple frequent flyer flights on Southwest. Southwest really does rock because I was able to get seats on really decent flights to make the trip out there. Everyone was very excited to see Meadow and she did a great job of entertaining the family and fellow travelers. We actually had an open seat next to us on every flight, which made the 7-8 hour trip bearable. She is really having fun making animal sounds lately and saying hi and bye. It was really great to be able to spend time with everyone and get more aquanted with Rachel, my brother's fiance. We will all be getting together again in about six months for my brother's wedding.

The Wall/Dubach/Van Hee/Broedel Family. Four generations in one picture.
Rachel, Jocelyn and Meadow. Meadow really liked the bird pictures over the couch and made the bird sign many times and was starting to make a chirp chirp sound..



Great Grandma Wall with Meadow

Meadow was pretty exhausted from all the traveling.






2 comments:

Jerri said...

oh my gosh! great post! it must've been so great for your grandma to see her great-granddaughter. go you guys for making the big journey! that one of meadow and your grandma is so cute and it was fun to see rachel and nate, too!

Anonymous said...

Wow - long trip - so glad that you were able to make it to see your grandma & family! Adorable pictures, too.