Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Relaxing Afternoon at Trillium Lake

This past Sunday while Todd was at work Meadow and I went on a little hike by the Salmon river. It was so nice to be in the shade and it was a lot cooler than in our neighborhood. I was so happy I got Meadow to stand for a posed picture. Meadow found this neat little cave in the tree.
On Monday Todd had taken the afternoon/evening off. It was about 100 degrees at our house so we headed up to Trillium Lake to find some cooler temperatures and relax and do a little sea kayaking.

This was definitely a highlight for me. I haven't been able to lay on my belly in months, so it was nice to borrow this intertube from a nice family and float around for a bit. The water temperature was just perfect and I think the baby enjoyed floating. Meadow had fun playing with some other kids that were there and she was immediately named the little pirate for her pirate ship. It was pretty hilarious.





Trying to catch a lilly pad



I wish Todd had every afternoon off. It was so nice to be able to break up the work week with this little excursion up to the mountain. I know I shouldn't be thinking about this already, but I am really going to miss summer once it is over. But, I definitely have an exciting new adventure coming this fall. Baby #2!!!!!! I am so curious to see what he is going to look like and what his temperament will be. I am definitely getting prepared for the lack of sleep. I am just having the hardest time sleeping between 3 and 6am. Hence, my blogging at 5:43am. Well, I will sign off this post for now. This weekend will be busy with wedding festivities for our friends Liz and JD.

No comments: