Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Meadow's graduation

Meadow had her last day of preschool for the year and had a little graduation ceremony in the evening. The kids worked so hard at practicing the songs and they all were really into it. Meadow went to preschool twice a week this year and always looked forward to going every day. She made a lot of great friends and we will be seeing many of them over the summer and will be attending the three day a week class next year. Her fine motor skills have grown so much. She can trace, color, and use scissors like a pro. And of course learned a lot about letters and numbers.

She has also learned so many valuable social and friendship skills, including keeping sticky fingers to yourself, and saying sorry even if it was an accident. I love this one too, do not touch other kids snacks as you are passing them out, and that includes licking. When I was volunteering one day I spotted one of Meadow's classmates licking each cup of applesauce as he was putting it on the table. Meadow's teacher handled this one with the grace of a preschool teacher. Luckily, no one had started eating yet. I wish I had been a better blogger this year because there has been so many fun moments and experiences at preschool. But, one of the mom's in the older class did an amazing job of putting together a yearbook so all of their field trips and fun events are documented in the book.

Here are some fun pictures of the graduation.....Starting to line up for the graduation show.
Some great dance moves





I was really impressed with how all the kids participated. They were definitely even more animated from the holiday show.




Meadow receiving her diploma and flower



Her teacher Ms. Kristen


Getting to sit with the parents


We went out to dinner at the local brewery after the show. The kids did great!


Ghanny and B Pom!


It is so hard to believe this school year is already over. I am so blessed to have such a talented and smart little girl in my life. She is turning 4 on Sunday.

3 comments:

Jerri said...

I just happened to check your blog and SO GLAD that I did. You wrote such lovely things and I'm happy to have been able to see Meadow's graduation ceremony!!! You look so beautiful in the photo with Meadow and the flower. Congratulations, Meadow, and mom and dad! Happy fourth so very soon!!!!

Heidi Dyk said...

Awww, such a lovely blog about sweet Meadow. She is getting to be such a big girl!

sarah said...

Yay Meadow!! What a big girl! I can't believe we're at 4 already, and yet I totally can. Hugs to the whole family - I miss you guys!