Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hawaii Revisited

So, I have been up since 3am ad it is now almost 6 and I have been thinking about ideas for the baby's nursery. I was thinking this idea was a good positive one to think about, so that maybe I could fall back asleep. But, of course it has done the opposite. Well, at least I have a really fun theme picked out. I have been reminiscing about our trip to the island of Kauaii and really liked the idea of a beach/Hawaii theme. It was exactly a year ago we were on that trip. Okay, now that I have that nailed down I was thinking, I should really print some of our pictures from last year's trip and maybe frame a few for the room, especially before the baby arrives. Well, I still haven't started the printing process, but had to share some fun pictures with all of you for fun. I never posted any on the blog last year so now I catching up.

Look at this geared up dad heading to the beach. This lovely lawn was part of the resort we stayed at. It was so great for crawling knees. Meadow was 11 months old and crawling as fast as she could anywhere that she could go.

Beach in front of the resort








Napali coast line

The almost 8 mile hike we took to a waterfall. Meadow was such a trooper that day. She definitely enjoyed the snack and breastfeeding breaks.

She loved hanging out in the backpack.... How things change in a year. Now, she is hiking right along with us most of the time.


Beach Babes!

1 comment:

Jerri said...

These pics are so cute. And it's fun to see Meadow by the water. We're hopefully going to be by the lake a lot if the weather is nice when we go to Chicago over Memorial Day weekend. Okay, not that Lake Michigan is the same thing as water in Hawaii but you know what I mean...it was just fun to see another little baby hanging out in sand. Also, you two look super cute in the last photo. Todd looks like such a "dad" in the first photo. And the skyline pic is so awesome! Congrats on figuring out the nursery theme. I'm sure it will be beautiful--and very relaxing for babe babe.