Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Beckett River Comes Home

I am so excited to be able to finally post some pictures of our son Beckett River Van Hee. Our internet has been down for a few days, which was very untimely for such an exciting time in our lives. Beckett was born on 9/17/09 at 12:01am. He was 5 lbs 12 ounces and 18 inches long. He arrived a few weeks early because I developed signs of pre-eclampsia again so the doctors thought it would be safer to have him arrive a little bit early. We started the induction process about 2 and started pitocin at 8pm and he arrived just a few hours later. Todd and I were so excited to meet him. I unfortunately, had a few complications after he was born, which I won't go into on here, but I am doing good now and on the mend. It was a little bit scary for our family that evening, but the medical staff at Kaiser Sunnyside did an excellent job and the next morning I was able to really start to bond with Beckett. He is a very easy going little guy and only cries when he is hungry or needs a diaper change. He is so precious and we all are excited to watch him grow and develop. Meadow is doing great as a big sister and is learning how to be gentle around her little brother. Can't wait to share more pictures in the coming weeks.

Meadow and Daddy with Beckett in the hospital
Going Home Outfit




He is so tiny in his carseat

Getting wheeled out of the hospital. Yheaaaaaaaa we get to go home. We were there from Wednesday to Saturday.

Sleeping on the way home.

Beckett seems to be quite the mix from our families. His eyes are definitely from Todd's mom's side of the family and his nose looks like from the Dubach side and he has dimples. I think these come from my dad. He has really long toes too, which definitely look like Todd's and his brother's.

Sleeping after a good meal.


He likes to sleep on my belly. He probably misses that warm and cozy environment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Can't wait to see you and Beckett and Todd and Meadow soon. Glad that you're home and recovering :) Great pix - I can't believe how little he is!

Katie said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. Annalise was a 5 pounder too- they're so tiny (and look especially so in the carseat). I think Beckett looks so much like Meadow in the picture of him napping on the boppy. Enjoy this time!

Dave Dyk said...

We can't wait to meet Beckett!! Congratulations to all of you!

Jerri said...

Welcome home Beckett! I'm so happy for you all. I wish I could be in Oregon right now. Jocelyn, you look beautiful. I love the photo of him on your belly. I remember all the times that Zoe loved that pose, too. She would fall asleep there a lot. Oh! I love new babies. Congratulations!!!!