Friday, January 30, 2009

Little Artist

Just had to share a recent activity we did the other day. Fingerpainting! Meadow has really started to enjoy the process. We tried it several months ago and she wasn't a big fan. I think now that her fine motor skills are more developed she is getting a big kick out of it. She was very serious and into the project, so it was hard to get a big smile in the picture.



Putting some clothes and a mitten on her doll. The doll's most recent outfit was a pretty dress, pants, warm coat, and boots. I thought that was pretty fitting for the northwest and winter.
She chose all the clothes herself.
I am hoping to start incorporating some more regularly scheduled art and music time into our day. It is just amazing how the day goes by so fast with a toddler. So, I am working on being a more of a plan a head person so that we can incorporate more into our day. I wish I could have some of my friend's come over to help with some of this enrichment. I am sure Meadow would love if my friend's Jerri or Sarah came over to sing. I try my best, but singing has never been my strong point. Although, I was in chorus from 4th-11th grade so I can sing twinkle, twinkle little star pretty well. At least Todd has been teaching her a lot about ryhthm with his drumming. She likes to hit every drum he owns. We still need to get a video of her playing his drum set.

1 comment:

Jerri said...

what a cute post! i'm laughing reading it because remember that art project smock i gave to meadow when she was a baby? it was olive green and re-useable/washable? maybe she can start wearing it now for her art projects? ha!