Monday, January 19, 2009

Snowboarding Weekend

This past weekend I had a lot of fun with Todd and Meadow as well as my friends. On Friday and Saturday morning I went up to the mountain snowboarding with friends and in the afternoons hung out with Meadow while Todd went kayaking. He had not gone on a good adrenalin run in awhile and had a blast on the Clackamas river. On Friday morning I carpooled up to the mountain with my friend Liz and we joined up with some other friends on the mountain. It was another gorgeous day with little crowds. It was really fun to be in a whole group of snowboarding women. Liz had not been on her board in a few years since she picked up tele skiing. So, she was excited to give it a go again. She used to be a snowboard instructor, so it was like riding a bike for her. We got a few hours in and were both ready to leave around 12, which worked out perfect for a few of the women who had to take a break to pump breast milk. I thought it was so awesome they had it all figured out to be able to do that on the mountain. On another note, I really appreciated being able to get together with a group of women doing something adventerous. It was a lot of fun being able to catch up with each other while getting some exercise.

Here is an example of one of the gorgeous views that day.
Liz and I
The ladies minus me


On Friday evening our good friends Sara and Randy came over the evening and to spend the night before heading to the mountain. It is always fun having them over for a sleep over because we don't get to see them very often and we get to catch up on our lives while drinking a few beers and soaking in the hot tub. They are also great entertainers for Meadow and as soon as they had arrived Meadow was very excited and was sprinting circles around the living room. After a fun evening, we had a very yummy waffle breakfast in the morning and then Sara and I headed up to the mountain with Randy in tow. We had a great morning of boarding and had gotten up early enough to miss some of the crowds. The snow was perfect mid morning because the sun had melted it just enough for some good carving. I had a really fun morning until a little boy came from my blindside and cut me off. I figured instead of taking him out I should fall. I was glad I had my helmet on that day. So, I have been a little sore the past few days but it was well worth it to save some possible broken limbs.
I headed back to the homestead for the afternoon while Todd went out on his kayaking adventure. Sara and Randy came back for the evening after their full day on the mountain and we went out to our favorite restaurant, "The Rendevous." I hadn't seen Randy and Sara since the fall, so it was great to be able to catch up. We are hoping to plan our Portland weekend soon, so we can check out their newly remodeled kitchen and hang with the city folk for a few days.

Styleeee Sara

The cute couple plus a guy with cool sunglasses and an orange hat.



Short Women Unite! Sara is just a hair taller than me. This is a funny quote from Randy that night. Somehow it was brought up that I was 4'10 inches and 3/4. Randy commented on how he had never heard of anyone using quarters until he met Sara. It must be our own little way of trying to act taller. Don't think it actually works though.



Beautiful view of Mt. Jefferson.


It was great to be able to spend so much time on the mountain this past weekend. I felt energized every time I was up there. I am not sure when we will have temperatures and sun like this again. Maybe not till June.

No comments: