Friday, March 20, 2009

2009 March Madness

Todd and I had the opportunity to attend the first and second rounds of the Men's NCAA basketball tournament being held in Portland this year. We actually bought the tickets almost a year ago. We have had the tickets in our posession for a few months, just waiting for March 19th to arrive. I had a small hope that Syracuse might actually be placed in the West Division. But, they actually were seeded pretty high which was good for them and are playing in Miami. Go Cuse!!! They won today and will be playing again on Sunday. Despite, my favorite team not being in Portland it was a really fun day. There were a few close games and the last one was probably the most exciting. It was pretty entertaining watching the mascots as well. The Western Kentucky hilltoppers had the most entertaining mascot. He did head spins and several other silly antics.The hilltopper kind of looked like a red blob. I felt so bad for the Mississippi State mascot. The bulldog looked so sad at the end, like he had run out of gas, just like his team. I wish I had gotten a picture.

It was a very long day watching four games. I normally watch a lot of March Madness, but it is a lot different when you are at home and can relax on the couch and do other things while you watch the games. Despite my back and neck being a little sore, it was a fun experience and I am really looking forward to the second round on Saturday. Meadow had a great time hanging out with her friend Jonah and my good friend Heidi for the day and will get to spend some quality time with Todd's mom tomorrow. We were pretty high up, but you could actually still see pretty well





1 comment:

Jerri said...

It is soooo freakin' cool that you got to do that! I can't believe I said freakin' on the blog. Am so excited to see if SU wins this Friday. Can't wait! Mark and I are going to order pizza and WATCH this time! :) Go CUSE!