Tuesday, March 10, 2009

World's Smallest Home Office

Todd and I have already started downsizing our office/guest room to make room for a nursery. We are hoping to get a lot done in the spring months so that we can spend lots of time outside over the summer instead of working on projects indoors. To convert this room we have had to use a lot of creativity and utilize all the space in our house. We have a small storage closet that we have converted into our mini office where it will store my craft stuff and the computer and printer. We plan to move our futon out to the jam room and have already made room for it out there. It is going to be an awesome guest quarters. We also plan to find some lower scale bookshelves to put out there to house most of the books we own that are now in a tall non kid friendly bookcase. I feel kind of boring while writing this post. But, there is something liberating about being able to organize your space and get rid of clutter that is just not needed. We also spent some time cleaning this weekend and it made me feel so good to wake up Monday morning to an organized clean space, even if for only a day.

Here is a photo of Meadow slumbering last evening. After several failed attempts to wake her up after our drive home yesterday, I just let her slumber away.
Our new mini office
We will definitely have to stay organized and file things efficiently. Not a lot of room for stacking needless things.




1 comment:

Jerri said...

Oh my gosh! I was trying to picture where that "home office" was and I thought it was the space under your stairs downstairs, but now I see with the bigger picture what you were talking about. How crazy! And efficient!