Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Round 2 Recap

We had another great day watching basketball on Saturday. The teams did not dissapoint us with lack of enthusiasm. Both Todd and I were not really rooting for any of the teams, just happy to be watching good basketball. The first game, Washington against Purdue was definitely heavy on the defense and their seemed to be a lot of fouls called on both sides of the court. Washington rallied in the second half, but just didn't have enough time to get the win. It was interesting watching the next two teams play and how different their styles of play were. I have to say, I really enjoyed watching Gonzaga and Western Kentucky play. They both were great shooting teams and seemed to play cleaner basketball. It was amazing to see this game live. It was probably one of the most exciting games I have ever seen. With .9 seconds left Gonzaga made the winning basket. You can't get more close than that. I did really feel for that Western Kentucky team. They put everything into that game. You do wonder if they had been able to make a few more foul shots, if they would have won that game.

Sunday, I wasn't feeling very well and the weather was very cold and rainy so we decided to watch more basketball. Syracuse did an amazing job against Arizona State. It will be fun to watch the next round coming up. Both, Todd and I agreed that no matter what, this coming weekend we need to get outside and get a nice hike in and do some other activities. I think I did find that I do have a limit of how much basketball I can watch in one weekend. And hopefully, I will be feeling better soon and have more energy. I am in the second trimester now, so I am crossing my fingers that I will feel like a million bucks soon. Or at least a half mill.

No comments: