Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oregon Coast Trip Part 3: The Hotel Life

Meadow is down for a nap, so I will be able to complete my posting on the coast trip today. I am crossing my fingers that the napping trend will continue. This is four days in a row now. She is such a busy girl it can be hard for her to settle down enough to fall asleep. Well, back to the trip. On Saturday once we arrived in Seaside, the weather was a bit windy and drizzly so we checked out a few hotels. We were impressed with the Shiloh Inn because they have a nice pool, kitchen suite rooms, and they were really close to all the attractions. So, we decided to go ahead with an oceanfront room. It was really worth being able to look at that view. We quickly settled into the room and got some warm clothes on to explore the beach and the local Seaside attractions.

Here is a picture of the room
It was very windy Saturday evening, but the rain had stopped.
View of the hotel from the beach


Meadow loved the carousel. She did not want to be done when the ride was over. But, Todd was a bit queesy so we ventured on to do other things. It was one of the fastest carousels I have ever seen. Thank God Todd stepped up to the plate. I would have definitely gotten sick and I don't know how I would have gotten up on that horse with the pregnant belly.


We had a great dinner at a local restaurant and I had some of the best crab I have had in a long time. Here is a picture of the view before sunset. We were at the pool during the sunset so we didn't get any pictures. But, it was beautiful.

Having fun at the pool.



This is the view on Sunday morning. Todd and Meadow slept in and I got some precious moments to myself reading my book on the balcony. I was reading this great book called "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society." I highly recommend it. It is about the occupation of the island of Guernsey off of England during World War II. It is fiction, but really gives you an idea of what it was like for many on this little island cut off from England at that time.



Enjoying the beach later that morning.






Just Meadow and the beach


After lunch we headed to the Seaside Aquarium. This is a small aquarium, but really great for an almost two year old. They have seals which you can feed in the front area and then a large room with tanks with various sea life. The seals were definitely the hit. They were pretty hilarious how they barked and clapped for food.



I just had to share all those pictures from the weekend. I was so glad we finally got to the coast. I knew that Meadow would have a blast and it had been a year and a half since we had been to the coast. Meadow wasn't even crawling the last time we went. We had a really full trip and only missed out on a few things we wished we could have done. Todd didn't end up doing any kayak surfing because the waves were not really good for it and I didn't get any ice cream. I had many opportunities but unfortunately, my system isn't handling dairy very well in this pregnancy so I was good and avoided it. Hopefully, next time after the baby has arrived I can get a large cone. Can't wait! Well, can't wait especially for the baby, but man I miss ice cream.

1 comment:

Jerri said...

What a bunch of cool posts. Those photos of the beach are great. And Meadow looks like such a big girl now-a-days!!!