Thursday, September 3, 2009

Baby Esther Arrives

I just had to write a quick note for those who have been wondering if my friend Heidi had her baby. Esther arrived yesterday morning about 6:45 after only a 2 and a half hour labor. Heidi had been having mild symptoms for a few weeks, but nothing really seemed to be moving forward. Esther was a week over due and weighed in at 10 pounds and 21 and a half inches long. She was really enjoying being in the womb and growing so well. Heidi and Dave, the proud parents, were happy that they had their son stay with Heidi's parents the night before or they may have not made it to the hospital on time. I had the honor of seeing this little one yesterday after she was about six hours old. I had a midwife appointment in Clackamas when I got the call that she had been born.

My appointment went well and I am measuring right at what I should be. So, for all those who think I look huge, nope just got a normal sized baby in there packed into a 4'10 inch package. I have weekly appointments from here on out just to make sure my blood pressure stays normal and everything is progressing well. I shouldn't be too worried about getting pre-eclampsia again, but it is in the back of my mind. It would be amazing to not go through the experience of being induced again. That just didn't work well for me and my body.

2 comments:

Jerri said...

Everything will go great! You look beautiful and baby boy Van Hee will come when he needs to come. It will be so much fun to meet him.

Anonymous said...

Big congrats to Heidi! So glad that you're growing at just the right rate - can't wait to meet Baby Boy Van Hee!