Sunday, May 16, 2010

Run Girlfriend Run!

This morning I just completed my first 5k race since having my children. The race was called Run Girlfriend Run and it was a fundraiser for the American Heart Association. It was a female only race, which was kind of fun to be able to run just with women. No offense to men, but it was nice having our supportive husbands, fathers and friends on the sidelines cheering us on. My friend Liz ran with me who is one of my best gal pals up on the mountain and actually lives in our neighborhood now down the street. The course was really fun and wound through nature trails and by the local high school. There was a lot of up and down, but I definitely did not get bored.

I ran a little bit faster of a pace than I thought I would, so i was pretty proud of myself. I finished in 23rd place out of 123. I guess I have set myself a new standard to work towards. So, I am hoping to run a 10k at the end of June. I am on a little bit of a high today because it was definitely an adrenalin rush being able to catch up to people and pass them and see my family cheering me on at different points. Todd did a great job getting to the race with both kids and finding places to cheer. Thanks so much Todd, love you!!!!

This picture kind of cracks me up because the women I am running next to are pretty tall.
Nearing the finsh and I still have energy.
The tired but happy 5k finishers!!


Meadow helping me eat the snacks at the end. She did some running herself to get to all the cheering spots.

No comments: