Monday, September 22, 2008

The Best Tomato Ever!!!!!

I just had to share a picture of me eating the very first red tomato from my garden. Yes, you read that right. September 20th, 2008 is the date of the first ripe tomato in my garden. We had just gotten back from a trip to Minnesota visiting friends and family and this was literally one of the first things I did when I got home. I have worked hard tending to these plants and now there are plenty of green tomatoes. I hope that we get some sunshine this week because this truly was one of the most delicious tomatoes I have ever had and I would love to have more. I think that all the watering and doting was worth it.


3 comments:

Jerri said...

love it, love it, love it! it was fun sharing our tomatoes with you from our CSA, but come on! your own homegrown tomato is definitely something to brag about. post about MN now! :)

Previously Junebug B said...

There is NOTHING better than a tomato straight from the garden. As you've probably heard before, I was known to go out to the garden as a little kid and just eat tons of them at a time. Hopefully Meadow will get to know the same pleasure sometime soon! You GROW girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your tomato! Nothing beats home grown ones, especially up here, where they are so special! I have 2 yellow ones on my plant, and a few green ones... hopefully they ripen!