Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Livin it up in the Outdoors

We have been busy enjoying the end of summer so I thought I should catch up with Blogging. Last weekend I headed up to Vancouver, B.C. for a field hockey tournament with the Portland field hockey club. It was my first weekend away from both Todd and Meadow. I was sad to leave them behind, but I knew Todd would have a nice bonding weekend with Meadow. The tournament went really well. We had great weather and our team really clicked and performed pretty well. We ended up tying one game, winning two and only losing one. I scored two goals which was pretty exciting. It felt so good to play competitive hockey again. I am sorry to say I don't have any pics from the weekend. I thought Todd might take pics from his weekend. He did take one and here it is. We also bought a camper last week. We had been going back and forth about the purchase for awhile but we found a great deal on craigslist that we couldn't pass up. It has definitely made the camping experience with a toddler much easier. We went camping this past weekend near Mt. Adams in Washington. As well as testing out the new camper we met some friends to run the White Salmon river. Todd kayaked and I hitched a ride in the raft. Meadow hung out with my friend Sara so I could do the second run. We had a great weekend and enjoyed the wonderful weather. It was in the mid 80's. We had a nice group camp with us on Saturday night and then went on a beautiful hike to see a rock formation called Sleeping Beauty and we also saw beautiful views of Mt. Adams. Too bad we forgot the camera.


The new camper!


Meadow and Daddy


Meadow loved playing in the dirt

Fine Dining


Trout Lake Creek. This was right behind our campsite.

Sara copying Meadow
Giving Sara a high five
Meadow was having a blast playing peekaboo in one of the tents






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your field hockey tournament!!

And its awesome that you guys got a camper - that should definitely make camping easier.