Friday, January 9, 2009

Outside, outside, outside!!!!!!!!

I just had to share this recent photo shoot of Meadow wanting to go outside. Going outside is one of her favorite things to do. Because we live in Oregon, which always has a variety of weather, we have outfitted Meadow with rain boots, snowboots, ski gear and rain gear. She loves to put on any kind of boots and sometimes will just wear them around the house for fun. I had put her in this outfit with ladybugs that Ghanny had given her for Christmas and take a few pics. Well, I am not sure if she really knew that her rainboots had ladybugs on them too, but I was really impressed when she wanted to put them on. One of the things that I have learned in parenting a toddler is that they have very little patience and want to do things now. So, this photo shoot is of Meadow wanting to go outside.
I have my boots on, which means I am ready to go outside. Even, though it is 36 degrees out and I don't have a coat on yet.
I let her step outside and feel the cold and she got some snow on her boots.

After feeling the cold, she decided she still wanted to go outside. Look at that face. All the while, she is saying Out, Out.

Here she is all bundled up about ten minutes later. yheaa she made it outside. It has taken some practice, but we are getting faster at getting all this gear on. Meadow tends to cooperate fairly well because she knows what she gets to do once all her gear is on.

So, Meadow may get the love for the outside from her parents. Here is a little photo shoot of our trip to Meadows Ski Resort today. We had a great time. Meadow was having fun at the daycare and I guess said "snow" a zillion times. We are planning on borrowing some little skis from our neighbor. So, I hope we can teach Meadow a little bit this year.
Todd flying down the mountain





Don't I look like a bug in this picture? I had to borrow Todd's goggles today. They did work great even though they were a bit big.

Beautiful day on the mountain.





Getting a little bit of air



1 comment:

Jerri said...

That's great! I love all the photos of Meadow wanting to go outside, especially the pouty face right before she finally got to go out. What a silly!