Monday, April 13, 2009

A Baking Triumph

A few weeks ago, I made my first homemade loaves of bread. I couldn't believe how easy it was and that it took me until I was 31 to accomplish this feat. I have to thank several friends who encouraged me and gave me the idea. (Beth, Jen and Janelle). I figured if you all could accomplish this feat, than I could do it too. Meadow and Todd both loved the result and I had made a yummy potato chowder to go with it that evening. I think we all agreed though that the bread went best with nuttella. I guess what doesn't go good with that yummy chocolate spread.

The finished product The loaves after rising

I am sure my ancestors are rolling over in their graves that I hadn't actually made homemade bread yet in my life time. I am sure I did help my Mom at some point when I was young, but I didn't feel like that counted. She used to make bread a fair amount when I was a kid. Another side note, I have made several quick breads in my life, but I do feel like making the traditional loaf of bread is a much greater feat.

2 comments:

Jerri said...

that looks so good. can i have a piece now?

Previously Junebug B said...

Awesome, Joc! These look better than any that I've made recently. What recipe did you use? Nothing tastes better than fresh bread!