Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hiking in the City

My friend Sara lives in North Portland not too far from Forest Park. Forest Park is the largest park in a city in the country. It is a pretty amazing place and you don't even know you are in the city once you start hiking along. I decided we were long overdue for a trip into to visit Sara and their newly remodeled kitchen, as well as her chickens. So on Sunday, Meadow and I drove into Portland to visit. We had a lovely afternoon visiting, and went for a hike, and even grabbed some Thai food for lunch. On our hike, Meadow was such a little trooper. She is really in her element when she can walk and run outside. She walked over half of our three mile hike and did finally agree to get a lift in my ergo carrier. It was so nice to be able to still carry her in the pack despite being 18 weeks pregnant. I was having a really great high energy day. I was kind of sad I didn't get a picture of her in the ergo, but hopefully I will be hiking with her again soon. Here are some pictures capturing the day......... There were trillium flowers everywhere.





I love the look of pure joy on her face.



The chickens love dandelions.
I planted my garden this past Friday and Meadow helped while Todd went kayaking. Meadow loved playing with the dirt. I planted some broccoli, lettuce, onions, and some herbs. I can't wait to see them grow.



1 comment:

Previously Junebug B said...

Hooray for the garden! It's so cool that Meadow can help with that. I'm still waiting for them to plow the community garden plots so that I can get started. Hope it's soon because my seedlings are ready to plant!