Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pregnancy Ups and Downs

Just thought I would share a little bit of how my pregnancy is going. I am currently 17 weeks and showing pretty good now. I keep meaning to get a picture taken and we just haven't had the chance lately. It is amazing how different this pregnancy is than my pregnancy with Meadow. It seems to be going by really fast. Maybe it is because I have a little toddler I am running around after all day. Overall, it is going pretty well. I am still dealing with some lingering morning sickness that seems to go away by late morning and I am also pretty exhausted once evening rolls around. I have been trying to exercise as much as I can to try to keep my back and body in healthy shape. It would be so great if a prenatal yoga class was nearby, but I have some dvd's I try to do once in a while.

We had our 16 week appointment last week and got to hear the heartbeat again. It was running about 155 beats per minute. Meadow is really starting to understand that I have a baby in my tummy and will point to my belly and say "baby Mama". Too cute. I am getting a little nervous about how Meadow is going to handle the transition. I need to do some reading on the subject and also get some advice from other Mom's. I know we will try to include her in on as much as we can and have her be a helper when she wants to. We have another ultrasound on May 6th and we will most likely be able to find out the sex of the baby then. I am pretty excited to find out. I just loved knowing who I would be expecting with Meadow. The baby is also the size of an avacado. Pretty amazing how fast they grow.

Hopefully, I will gain some more energy over the next few weeks. We will be heading to my brother's wedding in about a month so it would be nice to be free of morning sickness and have some energy for the cross country trip. I had my bridesmaid dress fitted yesterday and it actually surprisingly zipped all the way up. The seamstress will be doing some major renovations to the dress, but it should look pretty respectable once it is all done. It was pretty comical to see the list of things she had to do. Hem dress, let out waist, take in bust, and shorten straps. I guess that is just part of the deal when you are petite and pregnant and in a wedding.

1 comment:

Jerri said...

I still can't believe you'll find out soon what varietal of little bambino you are about to have! How exciting! I can't wait to know, too. Hope you're hanging in there with the pregnancy ups and downs. Let's talk soon.