Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Enjoying The Outdoors

The past few days Meadow and I have been enjoying being outside. It has really been great weather. In the 70's and partly cloudy. On Monday, we met up with my friend Heidi and her son Jonah at Imagination Station in Troutdale. I had heard great things about this playground, so it was great to see it in person. Meadow and Jonah had a blast crawling and climbing all over the place. It was a bit more work for Heidi and I, and it included Heidi at 7 months pregnant sliding down a firemen's pole just to keep an eye on the kids when I had to go to the bathroom. I was so sorry I missed seeing that feat. There were just a lot of nooks and crannies that can make a parent of toddlers really nervous.

Jonah had this awesome surf outfit with a matching hat on. What cuties with sunhats on.
Taking a break


Acting like monkeys

Yesterday we went on a little hike with our neighbors to little zig zag falls. This hike is only about ten minutes from our house and is perfect for toddlers. It is not quite a mile long round trip and there is a cute bench to sit on to look at the falls. My neighbor and I love the outdoors and enjoy getting the kids out in their natural environment. They had a blast climbing on rocks, playing with sticks and generally just having a good time. Janelle and I were discussing how playgrounds are really fun, but kids can learn so much more when they are playing out in nature. I just feel so blessed to have nature right out my back door. Sorry there are no pictures of this trip, left the camera at home.

No comments: